Skip to main content

Did I Get Into University?

Well this is going to be a story..

Hey, welcome to storytime
with me, Liyah.

So basically the week of A-level results day was....something.
Spoiler Alert: I got into university.
But.
It was my insurance choice which is a foundation year for History.
My first choice was ancient history, but now I have to do a year of learning skills and stuff and then I can take ancient history next year.
Technically I should be saying "YAY I GOT INTO UNI"
But I was slightly disappointed but I'm trying to look at the bright side.
For my college, results day was super emotional, people didn't get the results they anticipated so many were crying and many were on the phone with clearing hotlines.
The whole vibe was just, melancholic. So either it was just a bad year for results or all those articles with students jumping up and down with their results is a fat LIE.
I spoke to clearing at one point seeing if my university would make any leniency for my ancient history course
(shut up, I was desperate okay.)
And they basically said "nah" so I took what I could get and yeah, I'm starting uni in like 2 weeks.
Now here's the second part of the problem

I'm not moving out.
Probably not a problem to you but to me I'm having a serious case of FOMO.
Like I live 8 minutes away from my building I saw it as pretty pointless, plus I wouldn't want to leave my mum cause its just me and her that live at home.
But I'm still thinking. What if?
I have friends going to the same university and they are moving into halls so I'll just visit them all the time in an attempt to make more friends but I'm scared like.
WHAT IF I MAKE NONE.
LIKE IVE MET SOME PEOPLE ALREADY BUT WHAT IF THATS IT?
I'm generally extroverted but like two-thirds of it is just an act.
Sometimes I have to force myself to be confident cause I can be pretty flipping shy.

Yikes.
I'm scared. 
If you're going to university, feel free to comment your results day experience.
And sorry for a short post but I felt like I needed to post something.
Bye!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Thoughts On Going Back To School

So I was inspired by a girl named Izzy to talk about my thoughts on going back to school and I thought it was a great idea! I personally have an extremely strong opinion on school so when I talk about it I speak with 0 filter. I hate school with a fiery passion. (See, I do not sugar coat my hatred) I hate the teachers. I hate the homework. I hate the learning. And I sure as hell hate the horrendous uniform. Seeing my friends is the only thing that convinces me to get up at 6:45 every morning and attend. ..Well that and the occasional bake sales.. Luckily enough I live in the Uk so I don't start school till September the 4th (On a Thursday) But I have so many assignments I haven't completed yet. I even have a Food Technology assignment where I have to bake 5 things and take a picture of them and send them to my teacher. Yeah.. like that's happening I'll probably just steal some from a cooking website. ..Wow I'm just the perfect

Why I'm Envious Of Americans

So as some of you may know, I went back to school.. -.- I absolutely hate it and I've only been back for 2 days *sigh* Since this is a pretty important year I'll probably have to stick to posting once a week by completing posts and uploading them on the weekend.  Although whenever I get holidays I will vow to post as much as I can without getting annoying. Now in case you're wondering: Why not complete multiple posts on the weekends and save them as drafts? I wanted to but I realised its better to wait a few days so fresh ideas can come out then type loads of boring rambly ideas in an hour. Hope you understand where I'm coming from :) Anyways lets get onto what I'm supposed to be talking about shall we? At first I was going to talk about answers to questions people have for British people since I'm British but instead I thought It would be better to talk about my envy for Americans Trust me, this is not as serious/evil as it sou

So My Prom Is Next Year...

So recently I done a collab with Caroline Reinhart and we both talked about Prom, you can check out my post here: http://www.emojicorn.blogspot.co.uk/2015/09/guest-post-my-first-prom-experience-by.html The thing is, I happily made that post knowing I would not have prom for at least another 2 years. Yeah.. my prom is in 8 months. 8 Months You may be wondering, prom is fun, what's bad about that? Back in primary school it would've been fun but not now, definitely not. I'm not sure why I feel this way but I just really don't want a prom, the stress of trying to look good with probably land me in hospital and my school severely lacks the 'Troy And Gabriella Romance' it so desperately needs. I mean seriously there's more romance between me and my phone than there is in the school, and that's saying something. I'm probably just going to buy a cheap dress from Primark, literally no one cares what you look like and I re