Skip to main content

Why I'm Envious Of Americans


So as some of you may know, I went back to school..
-.-
I absolutely hate it and I've only been back for 2 days *sigh*
Since this is a pretty important year I'll probably have to stick to posting once a week by completing posts and uploading them on the weekend.
 Although whenever I get holidays I will vow to post as much as I can without getting annoying.

Now in case you're wondering:
Why not complete multiple posts on the weekends and save them as drafts?

I wanted to but I realised its better to wait a few days so fresh ideas can come out then type loads of boring rambly ideas in an hour.
Hope you understand where I'm coming from :)

Anyways lets get onto what I'm supposed to be talking about shall we?

At first I was going to talk about answers to questions people have for British people since I'm British but instead I thought It would be better to talk about my envy for Americans
Trust me, this is not as serious/evil as it sounds.

Basically since most of the people I follow on social platforms are from the USA, I get to see an insight of what is in America and while I am impressed, as small part of me is super envious.

So instead of blabbering on in a super long and boring paragraph I will use bullet points to hopefully make this a little more interesting.

So, as a citizen of the United Kingdom I truthfully admit that I am envious of the fact Americans have:
  • Bed Bath And Beyond&Bed Bath And Body Works (I'm not that envious of the fact that Americans have these stores, I'm more envious of the fact that the UK doesn't have such cool store names)
  •  Iconic fast food branches (Such as Chick-fil-a and chipotle, I've always wanted to try chipotle and although there is one in London, my mum probably wont accept me wanting to try chipotle as an excuse to go to London)
  • Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches (I tried a peanut butter and jelly sandwich when I went on holiday and it was pretty much heaven between two slices of bread, I'm sorry UK but jam and peanut butter sandwiches are just not the same. Just to clarify, you can purchase actual jelly for peanut butter and jelly sandwiches but it is pretty pricey and hard to find unless you go online or go to an American themed shop)
  • Messy food, I've seen how messy the burgers are and I love getting my hands dirty, food in the UK is just too neat!
  • Such amazing candy (we have a lot of American themed shops in the UK and I remember spending £7.50 on a pack of Red velvet oreos, I feel like that's a rip off)
  • Such beautiful neighbourhoods (I don't know why but I feel like the exclusive neighbourhoods such as Calabasas and Bel-air are absolutely gorgeous and its just something I'm envious of, the house styles in the US in general is just something I love.

And that's everything!
I hope you enjoyed this post and I will see you very soon!
Xo

P.S: Have a burning question?
Check out my F.A.Q's page and leave a question in the comments as I would love to get the page started!

Comments

  1. Oh, my goodness, I love this! I didn't realize how much we Americans take for granted. LOL. Okay, so in all honesty, burgers ruin your life. Or, at least, your digestive system. I personally avoid them whenever possible. Every time I eat one, my stomach lashes out on me. Not pleasant. I guess if you're a major risk taker, go for it. Just... do it when you're not busy. It'll ruin your schedule.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me being stupid I'll probably eat every single burger in sight when I go to America and then spend 4 hours dealing with the consequences later..

      Delete
    2. Uh, oh! Well, if that happens, good luck! LOL

      Delete
  2. Just wrote a response post on my blog to your post. Check it out! I hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgot to add: Chick-fil-a is perfection. If you ever come to America, try it. Chipotle, you can try, but it's not my favorite. Most of my friends think it's the coolest thing after the iPhone, but I will gladly eat chicken nuggets while they eat burritos. But, like I said, it's really popular so you will probably love it. And as far as candy goes, three words: Sour. Patch. Kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard chick-fil-a and chipotle are awesome! Luckily in the Uk we have a chipotle substitute called Barburrito but I still need to try that.
      In the UK we have sour patch kids so I'm lucky!

      Delete
  4. Hi, I just came across your blog and it’s really great and relatable! I am now following it and am looking forward to your future posts! I just started my own blog, it nothing much yet, and it’s a bit on the dark side, but I’m hoping to expand it, and it’d be great if you could check it out, follow if you like it and maybe share, and let me know what you think… I’m open to ideas,opinions and collaborations!
    thereisacrack.wordpress.com
    Thanks xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      I shared your blog, welcome to the blogosphere!

      Delete
  5. Hi, I just found this blog and I LOVE it! It's so open and honest, please post, you're hilarious and by the look of it awesome! I can relate to you because I used to live in America when I was smaller, but then as always my parents ripped me away and dragged me off to Spain, ( why can you always count on adults to ruin your paradise )?
    Anyway thanks.

    I'm looking forward to your next post!
    :)

    P.s. I totally agree on the neighbourhood thingie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!, I post every weekend due to my hectic school time table.
      Since you used to live in America, what was it like? How are you liking Spain?
      By the way, I'm glad someone agrees with the whole 'neighbourhood thing' :)

      Delete
  6. Wow, I loved this haha! I'm from America, and I can safely say that red velvet Oreos do not cost nearly as much. If you ever come to visit the States, I'll be sure to be your personal tour guide! ;)

    Emily // Lynde Avenue Designs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it and how much do red velvet oreos cost? I'm super curious!
      P.S. I'd love to have you guide me through America :P

      Delete
  7. Hey! We just came across your blog and it’s really cool! We’re now following it and are looking forward to your future posts! Also we started our own blog recently and it’d be great if you could have a look at it, follow if you like it, share and let us know!

    https://justwondering0.wordpress.com/

    Thanks!
    Haley, Naomi and Ariel xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you so much for following!
      I'll definitely check out your blog, welcome to the blogosphere!

      Delete
  8. Hi again,
    America is basically size XL of everything. The people are very welcoming, normally, and there is loads of stuff that you wouldn't find in other countries.
    Spain, the best thing about it is the food, it's awesome, especially the Paella, and Croquetas. The weather is really nice too.

    xxx
    Ashes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! I feel super convinced to go to Spain right now, I'm such a food lover.
      With America, I'm glad there are such unique things because I'm visiting there in December so I probably purchase absolutely everything!

      Delete
  9. Yep, get your hands on anything interesting!!!!

    YOLO!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments, feel free to leave one xo

Popular posts from this blog

My Thoughts On Going Back To School

So I was inspired by a girl named Izzy to talk about my thoughts on going back to school and I thought it was a great idea! I personally have an extremely strong opinion on school so when I talk about it I speak with 0 filter. I hate school with a fiery passion. (See, I do not sugar coat my hatred) I hate the teachers. I hate the homework. I hate the learning. And I sure as hell hate the horrendous uniform. Seeing my friends is the only thing that convinces me to get up at 6:45 every morning and attend. ..Well that and the occasional bake sales.. Luckily enough I live in the Uk so I don't start school till September the 4th (On a Thursday) But I have so many assignments I haven't completed yet. I even have a Food Technology assignment where I have to bake 5 things and take a picture of them and send them to my teacher. Yeah.. like that's happening I'll probably just steal some from a cooking website. ..Wow I'm just the perfect

So My Prom Is Next Year...

So recently I done a collab with Caroline Reinhart and we both talked about Prom, you can check out my post here: http://www.emojicorn.blogspot.co.uk/2015/09/guest-post-my-first-prom-experience-by.html The thing is, I happily made that post knowing I would not have prom for at least another 2 years. Yeah.. my prom is in 8 months. 8 Months You may be wondering, prom is fun, what's bad about that? Back in primary school it would've been fun but not now, definitely not. I'm not sure why I feel this way but I just really don't want a prom, the stress of trying to look good with probably land me in hospital and my school severely lacks the 'Troy And Gabriella Romance' it so desperately needs. I mean seriously there's more romance between me and my phone than there is in the school, and that's saying something. I'm probably just going to buy a cheap dress from Primark, literally no one cares what you look like and I re