Skip to main content

The Truth About A-Levels

Hey Guys,

These past few months have been super hectic and I'm finally back and in the process of writing three posts.
I really have no excuse for being gone so long, it was really a compilation of revision, loss of motivation and my brain has just been in a state of 'hfeoighoijjrjgrjgeijfe', a lot of mood swings and sad thoughts.
Life of a teenager.
But I'm finally in a good-ish place.
Trying to enjoy my summer with £1.60 in my bank account :)))

But my summer "glow-up" is underway, I have a lot of new clothes on the way and colourpop, I may even do a review of the products I received, if its something any of you readers want.
Anyways I thought it'd be fun to talk about some of the truths I've realised about A-levels, extremely subjective, just some things ive noticed and maybe any of you that just did A-levels can relate to!

Lets begin!


#1 exams aren’t the worst part, results day is (unless you’re certain you’ve passed)

This may be an unpopular opinion but to me, exams aren't the worst, for me its finding out what I got in the end, I doubt myself a lot, most of the time I do it for (what I think is) justifiable reasons? I could do 9 exams all over again if I could just avoid knowing whether what I got, got me into university or not.

#2 the stress is very unhealthy
Yeah, like extremely unhealthy, like I don't get acne but my friends were breaking out A L O T.
And the amount of irrational thoughts and stress I was having... yeah that cant be healthy in the slightest.
I was hearing stories of people passing out, some of my other friends were crying in their exams, sometimes I think, is all of this stress worth it?

#3 when they’re over, you’re purposeless

Sometimes I'll panic for a second, thinking there's homework I should be completing, then I'm like "oh wait, no"
Its like, being a college student made up a lot of my identity, now that's gone.
WHAT IS MY PURPOSE, I HAVE NOTHING TO DO.
I WAKE UP BORED.

#4 you reflect on how quick college was over

Those two years flew by so quick, I should've cherished it more.
Would I repeat it all?
Nah,
the stress of it is unreal.

#5 you realise the jump from gcse to a levels wasn’t that extreme

Like yeah, there's the memes about how big the jump is but is it that big? is it?
Like the work load did increase but I didn't think it was TOO intense?
Maybe its because I did minimal work...lmao

#6 if you dont have money saved for summer, you’re screwed

YEAH IM FEELING THE PAIN OF THAT NOW
*cries in £1.70 in my bank*

#7 most of the time, the exam itself isn’t the worst part, it’s how long it is

Yeah, we've established that I don't see the exams as the worst part, the duration and the results are really the killers for me.

#8 speaking of which, if the time moves slowly during your exam, you’ll probably think you failed

Mhm, whenever I had a particular exam where I kept focusing on the time, therefore time moved slower, I just kept thinking
"Yup Liyah, you've f--ked this one up"

#9 results day doesn’t differ much from doomsday
I mean, this is a pretty self-explanatory point

#10 exams, are fun sometimes? 

I find it kinda fun being alone with my thoughts, I chronically overthink, so whilst writing my exam, I take the 2+ hours of silence to compose any other thoughts I have, I kinda like it.
I hate being in silence when I'm by myself so I normally play music
But being in an exam hall, surrounded by others, the silence is utterly wonderful.

There we go.
Perhaps this was a short, maybe boring post but it was nice to write again.
Please leave a comment if you enjoyed this post guys, or wanted to say hello, or even ask any questions or leave suggestions. I'll make sure to reply promptly!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Thoughts On Going Back To School

So I was inspired by a girl named Izzy to talk about my thoughts on going back to school and I thought it was a great idea! I personally have an extremely strong opinion on school so when I talk about it I speak with 0 filter. I hate school with a fiery passion. (See, I do not sugar coat my hatred) I hate the teachers. I hate the homework. I hate the learning. And I sure as hell hate the horrendous uniform. Seeing my friends is the only thing that convinces me to get up at 6:45 every morning and attend. ..Well that and the occasional bake sales.. Luckily enough I live in the Uk so I don't start school till September the 4th (On a Thursday) But I have so many assignments I haven't completed yet. I even have a Food Technology assignment where I have to bake 5 things and take a picture of them and send them to my teacher. Yeah.. like that's happening I'll probably just steal some from a cooking website. ..Wow I'm just the perfect

Why I'm Envious Of Americans

So as some of you may know, I went back to school.. -.- I absolutely hate it and I've only been back for 2 days *sigh* Since this is a pretty important year I'll probably have to stick to posting once a week by completing posts and uploading them on the weekend.  Although whenever I get holidays I will vow to post as much as I can without getting annoying. Now in case you're wondering: Why not complete multiple posts on the weekends and save them as drafts? I wanted to but I realised its better to wait a few days so fresh ideas can come out then type loads of boring rambly ideas in an hour. Hope you understand where I'm coming from :) Anyways lets get onto what I'm supposed to be talking about shall we? At first I was going to talk about answers to questions people have for British people since I'm British but instead I thought It would be better to talk about my envy for Americans Trust me, this is not as serious/evil as it sou

So My Prom Is Next Year...

So recently I done a collab with Caroline Reinhart and we both talked about Prom, you can check out my post here: http://www.emojicorn.blogspot.co.uk/2015/09/guest-post-my-first-prom-experience-by.html The thing is, I happily made that post knowing I would not have prom for at least another 2 years. Yeah.. my prom is in 8 months. 8 Months You may be wondering, prom is fun, what's bad about that? Back in primary school it would've been fun but not now, definitely not. I'm not sure why I feel this way but I just really don't want a prom, the stress of trying to look good with probably land me in hospital and my school severely lacks the 'Troy And Gabriella Romance' it so desperately needs. I mean seriously there's more romance between me and my phone than there is in the school, and that's saying something. I'm probably just going to buy a cheap dress from Primark, literally no one cares what you look like and I re