Skip to main content

RIP My Blog (Crucial Advice For Bloggers)

So...
As you can see, my blog has changed, again.
It was formerly "The Terrible Tales of An Awkward Teen" but now it has changed to "Liyah's World"
The reason behind this is,
the other day I noticed on my site instead of the banner and the welcome picture and my button showing up etc. there was a white exclamation mark in a grey box.
I was really puzzled by this and tried to look up ways to fix it and I found a blogger who ran across the same problem.
Pretty much the only way to fix it was to remove the pictures causing error and replace it.
I was really heartbroken by this because I had someone design my blog for me and I didn't really have much knowledge of how to go about changing my blog title and such so I used picmonkey since it was the only thing I could think of.
I don't think it turned out too bad but I will do more to completely remove all the errors, this includes making a whole new button.
I tried to contact the designer of my blog since she designs very well but her blog had completely disappeared and I tried everything to try and search for her but it seems she has vanished.
It was very distressing.
So after a lot of consideration I decided to re-brand my blog name to "Liyah's World" because I felt like previously having the name "Awkward Teen" and having a cartoon as my Google+ picture felt kind of.. childish so I have taken a step in what I believe to be a better direction.
My URL is still the same and I don't really plan on changing it, for now anyways.
But this whole change is what inspired the title "RIP My Blog"
In a way to commemorate the two good years that I was known as Awkward Teen :)

Anyways onto the advice, it comes from the story I just told and I believe its pretty worthy to know especially if you have just started blogging but it is also useful for current bloggers too.
Make it your mission to know how blogging works 
I should've known this sooner but I've learnt my lesson now, if you are going to get your blog designed by someone, make sure you are certain they are going to stay contactable just in case anything goes wrong and also make sure you know how to do things just in case they disappear such as creating headers and things like that because if you just rely on the designer and you have errors you don't know how to work out, you'll be left in quite a sticky situation.
Blogger simplifies how to do things pretty well so don't worry, you wont have to take an extensive course on how to use blogger or anything but if you do not know the basics now and you plan on blogging and running your own website, make sure you know.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

  1. I personally redid my blog as well. Lol I think every blogger has done that once or twice :)
    By the way I never said this before but welcome to TBC also known as Teenage Bloggers Unite. We are glad you are part of a our little family here on the internet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your blog is truly amazing! and thank you! I'm glad to be apart of it :)

      Delete
  2. ^It's Teenage Blogger Central lol
    Anyway, Your blog header looks nice! I agree, learning a little bit of coding is important so you can haul yourself out of sticky situations. I've been trying to learn coding but it's been notched down a few places on the priority list >.> and honestly, walls of text scare me off xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's referring to another group I'm in, I think she mixed up TBU with TBC haha, and thank you and I agree! My brain literally turns to mush when I see a bunch of random text and codes xD

      Delete
    2. Lol Yes I meant TBU not TBC. TBC is a good community as well :)

      Delete
  3. I'm just starting my blog and I'm trying really hard to get a grip on how to do it properly haha! Thanks for the advice X

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments, feel free to leave one xo

Popular posts from this blog

My Thoughts On Going Back To School

So I was inspired by a girl named Izzy to talk about my thoughts on going back to school and I thought it was a great idea! I personally have an extremely strong opinion on school so when I talk about it I speak with 0 filter. I hate school with a fiery passion. (See, I do not sugar coat my hatred) I hate the teachers. I hate the homework. I hate the learning. And I sure as hell hate the horrendous uniform. Seeing my friends is the only thing that convinces me to get up at 6:45 every morning and attend. ..Well that and the occasional bake sales.. Luckily enough I live in the Uk so I don't start school till September the 4th (On a Thursday) But I have so many assignments I haven't completed yet. I even have a Food Technology assignment where I have to bake 5 things and take a picture of them and send them to my teacher. Yeah.. like that's happening I'll probably just steal some from a cooking website. ..Wow I'm just the perfect

Why I'm Envious Of Americans

So as some of you may know, I went back to school.. -.- I absolutely hate it and I've only been back for 2 days *sigh* Since this is a pretty important year I'll probably have to stick to posting once a week by completing posts and uploading them on the weekend.  Although whenever I get holidays I will vow to post as much as I can without getting annoying. Now in case you're wondering: Why not complete multiple posts on the weekends and save them as drafts? I wanted to but I realised its better to wait a few days so fresh ideas can come out then type loads of boring rambly ideas in an hour. Hope you understand where I'm coming from :) Anyways lets get onto what I'm supposed to be talking about shall we? At first I was going to talk about answers to questions people have for British people since I'm British but instead I thought It would be better to talk about my envy for Americans Trust me, this is not as serious/evil as it sou

So My Prom Is Next Year...

So recently I done a collab with Caroline Reinhart and we both talked about Prom, you can check out my post here: http://www.emojicorn.blogspot.co.uk/2015/09/guest-post-my-first-prom-experience-by.html The thing is, I happily made that post knowing I would not have prom for at least another 2 years. Yeah.. my prom is in 8 months. 8 Months You may be wondering, prom is fun, what's bad about that? Back in primary school it would've been fun but not now, definitely not. I'm not sure why I feel this way but I just really don't want a prom, the stress of trying to look good with probably land me in hospital and my school severely lacks the 'Troy And Gabriella Romance' it so desperately needs. I mean seriously there's more romance between me and my phone than there is in the school, and that's saying something. I'm probably just going to buy a cheap dress from Primark, literally no one cares what you look like and I re