Skip to main content

When I Got My First Period (Storytime)


Is this too revealing?
Eh I don't care.

What inspired me to make this post?
Absolutely nothing.
The idea just came to me after reading a chapter of Percy Jackson, not sure why though since the book has nothing to do with periods.

But anyways, currently I'm up, typing this post at 2am.
That's real dedication my friends.

My first period wasn't super terrifying like I'm not going to be clickbaity and put "MY 1ST PERIOD HORROR!!!11" as my title but it was a pretty shocking experience.
so.much.blood 

I was 14 years old so this only happened 2 years ago and it was September 20th.
Prior to this I was super annoyed that pretty much all of my friends had gotten their period and I still hadn't, to the point I faked it and said "I was on my period" to my friends when I was in agitated moods.
I didn't feel like a woman just because I wasn't menstruating yet but when it came it completely caught me off guard.
It was a sunny day and I was babysitting my baby cousin (which is quite ironic if you think about it, my period came whilst I was looking after a baby...weird. Its like my body could smell the child)
But yeah, I was watching tv whilst babysitting and then I handed my cousin over to my mother so I could go to the toilet.

I was pretty lucky because my period didn't come whilst I was in school and strangely the blood didn't leak onto my underwear, which was actually a blessing now that I think about it because it saved me throwing away a decent piece of underwear.
It was when I actually wiped, that's when I saw a mixture of a crime scene and Carrie the movie on the piece of toilet roll.
SO MUCH BLOOD 
I was so scared.
This is not how I expected my first period to be, for some reason I thought it'd be some sacred event that'd have a heavenly aura glowing from my underwear when I finally started bleeding.
But no, when it actually happened I didn't even think it was happening,
I THOUGHT I WAS DYING
SOMEHOW I THOUGHT MY INTERNAL ORGANS WERE BEING EXPELLED THROUGH MY VAGINA
So I did what any normal teenage girl would (not) do, I carried the tissue full of blood and showed it to my mother, I know, that's pretty gross but I was panicking don't judge me.
In return from her, I got the most mundane response
"Its your period, go put on a pad"
I mean sure, I wasn't expecting a bohemian festival or anything but I wanted a little bit of interest, AT LEAST.

So then yeah, I put on a pad and for a few months I didn't get any cramps or any signs of PMS every time my period came so me being cocky I was like "ugh periods are nothing, why do people complain?" but after about a year.
HELL CAME RAINING DOWN.

  • Cramps
  • Moodswings
  • Bloating
  • Nausea
  • Headaches
  • Backpain
Pretty much the full Satan subscription.
I remember before getting periods, one of my friends I confided in about not starting yet said "Trust me, once you start your period, you'll have wished it never came"

She's always been a wise one

Comments

  1. I'm so glad girls are becoming more open about talking/writing about periods! (not in a weird way, just, y'know, people think they're gross, but it's completely normal and we should be more open!).. I feel you on the whole "periods aren't bad" and then getting it really bad thing.. Kinda like karma, eh?
    I recently invested in a Mooncup, which has actually made my period much easier to manage :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, this post was really great - funny and relatable! I think everyone panics when they get their first period :) x

      Delete
    2. I'm glad too, they're totally natural, even though they kinda suck and I've heard loads about mooncups! I'll have to check them out and thank you, I'm glad you liked it :) x

      Delete
  2. I didn't get my first when I was in school either and I'm really grateful for that! Having it happen to me in school is like, one of my greatest fears even up to now, to the point where I keep like a spare of everything the whole week it's due in my bag xD

    the-emo-wolverine-writes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're lucky! It still frightens me too but I admire you for being so prepared xD

      Delete
  3. Aah this was this hilarious.
    "Carrie the movie on the piece of toilet roll." This was epic.You're really lucky though.
    P.S: love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments, feel free to leave one xo

Popular posts from this blog

My Thoughts On Going Back To School

So I was inspired by a girl named Izzy to talk about my thoughts on going back to school and I thought it was a great idea! I personally have an extremely strong opinion on school so when I talk about it I speak with 0 filter. I hate school with a fiery passion. (See, I do not sugar coat my hatred) I hate the teachers. I hate the homework. I hate the learning. And I sure as hell hate the horrendous uniform. Seeing my friends is the only thing that convinces me to get up at 6:45 every morning and attend. ..Well that and the occasional bake sales.. Luckily enough I live in the Uk so I don't start school till September the 4th (On a Thursday) But I have so many assignments I haven't completed yet. I even have a Food Technology assignment where I have to bake 5 things and take a picture of them and send them to my teacher. Yeah.. like that's happening I'll probably just steal some from a cooking website. ..Wow I'm just the perfect

Why I'm Envious Of Americans

So as some of you may know, I went back to school.. -.- I absolutely hate it and I've only been back for 2 days *sigh* Since this is a pretty important year I'll probably have to stick to posting once a week by completing posts and uploading them on the weekend.  Although whenever I get holidays I will vow to post as much as I can without getting annoying. Now in case you're wondering: Why not complete multiple posts on the weekends and save them as drafts? I wanted to but I realised its better to wait a few days so fresh ideas can come out then type loads of boring rambly ideas in an hour. Hope you understand where I'm coming from :) Anyways lets get onto what I'm supposed to be talking about shall we? At first I was going to talk about answers to questions people have for British people since I'm British but instead I thought It would be better to talk about my envy for Americans Trust me, this is not as serious/evil as it sou

So My Prom Is Next Year...

So recently I done a collab with Caroline Reinhart and we both talked about Prom, you can check out my post here: http://www.emojicorn.blogspot.co.uk/2015/09/guest-post-my-first-prom-experience-by.html The thing is, I happily made that post knowing I would not have prom for at least another 2 years. Yeah.. my prom is in 8 months. 8 Months You may be wondering, prom is fun, what's bad about that? Back in primary school it would've been fun but not now, definitely not. I'm not sure why I feel this way but I just really don't want a prom, the stress of trying to look good with probably land me in hospital and my school severely lacks the 'Troy And Gabriella Romance' it so desperately needs. I mean seriously there's more romance between me and my phone than there is in the school, and that's saying something. I'm probably just going to buy a cheap dress from Primark, literally no one cares what you look like and I re