Skip to main content

So My Prom Is Next Year...


So recently I done a collab with Caroline Reinhart and we both talked about Prom, you can check out my post here:



The thing is, I happily made that post knowing I would not have prom for at least another 2 years.

Yeah.. my prom is in 8 months.

8
Months

You may be wondering, prom is fun, what's bad about that?
Back in primary school it would've been fun but not now, definitely not.
I'm not sure why I feel this way but I just really don't want a prom, the stress of trying to look good with probably land me in hospital and my school severely lacks the 'Troy And Gabriella Romance' it so desperately needs.

I mean seriously there's more romance between me and my phone than there is in the school, and that's saying something.
I'm probably just going to buy a cheap dress from Primark, literally no one cares what you look like and I refuse to spent over £100 on a dress for 1 day.
I'm not even sure I want to go, I'd much rather go to mcdonalds (no joke)
I've been to a prom before and it wasn't 'magical' or anything, I just sat in the corner next to the rusty gym equipment with the 'cool cats' and although I did dance with a load of people (in painful kitten heels) there was only one person I really wanted to dance with and when he finally told my friend he wanted to dance with me (because face it, no one in my school could ask something upfront) what happens?

"PROMS OVER EVERYONE"
Literally I'm not even making this up, I wish I was.
The minute my crush wants to dance with me, the prom finishes..

Oops I just spoiled part 2 of my post I left on Caroline's blog..
Oh well..

Maybe that's why I don't want prom, maybe that lingering bad memory I have of prom has permanently scarred my future prom experiences..
....The realization seeps in....
Think I just fell down a worm hole of my own thoughts..again.

Here's the part where I reflect on what my actual point is with this post.

Erm.. I'll add a moral.
I guess the moral is: If you ever have a prom and there's that one person you want to dance with but your both to afraid to say anything (or if there's just someone you want to dance with in general)
YOU
(Imagine me pointing at you)
Grab them and drag them onto the dance floor.


Maybe not as violent as this..
Who cares about the conversation they're probably in?
You tell them "WE ARE DANCING RIGHT NOW, SO LOOK LIKE YOUR HAVING THE TIME OF YOUR LIFE"

Oh how, I wish I was that assertive..
But seriously, even though I probably wont be going to my prom, enjoy yours.
If I do decide to go, I'll be sure to look..
mildly awesome?

Comments

  1. Aww, don't stress about prom!! I had mine this year, and I was really dreading it, but it turned out to be lovely!! No one was bitchy and everyone got on really well for once.. Just enjoy it!! (and if you go dress shopping now, no one will have the same dress as you AND you'll get it in the sale!!)
    But I totally understand why you don't want to go - it's all so much fuss just for one night.. Pointless, really..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear you had such a great time! I have a little bit of hope that everyone can forget any grudges they have against people and just have a good time, maybe that'll convince me to go. I'm currently looking at some dresses at the moment, I would buy one now but I feel like I weigh something different every week! Luckily there's so many different dresses to choose from some so I'm not limited!

      Delete
  2. Hahahahaah, I like the way that you encourage people to be assertive, especially after such a horrible experience! It's really funny, I love this post! Also, thanks for the advice, because I need to prepare!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The world needs more assertive people! It'd make the world a little more interesting (or violent!)
      I'm happy to hear you liked the post, have a good prom!

      Delete
  3. Awesome post! I loved it! You are very good at writing! Follow for a follow?
    Check out my teenage blog: thelifeofmadisonpaige.blogspot.com
    I am on Bloglovin’ too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!
      I couldn't find your followers gadget so I followed you on Google plus :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love your comments, feel free to leave one xo

Popular posts from this blog

My Thoughts On Going Back To School

So I was inspired by a girl named Izzy to talk about my thoughts on going back to school and I thought it was a great idea! I personally have an extremely strong opinion on school so when I talk about it I speak with 0 filter. I hate school with a fiery passion. (See, I do not sugar coat my hatred) I hate the teachers. I hate the homework. I hate the learning. And I sure as hell hate the horrendous uniform. Seeing my friends is the only thing that convinces me to get up at 6:45 every morning and attend. ..Well that and the occasional bake sales.. Luckily enough I live in the Uk so I don't start school till September the 4th (On a Thursday) But I have so many assignments I haven't completed yet. I even have a Food Technology assignment where I have to bake 5 things and take a picture of them and send them to my teacher. Yeah.. like that's happening I'll probably just steal some from a cooking website. ..Wow I'm just the perfect

Why I'm Envious Of Americans

So as some of you may know, I went back to school.. -.- I absolutely hate it and I've only been back for 2 days *sigh* Since this is a pretty important year I'll probably have to stick to posting once a week by completing posts and uploading them on the weekend.  Although whenever I get holidays I will vow to post as much as I can without getting annoying. Now in case you're wondering: Why not complete multiple posts on the weekends and save them as drafts? I wanted to but I realised its better to wait a few days so fresh ideas can come out then type loads of boring rambly ideas in an hour. Hope you understand where I'm coming from :) Anyways lets get onto what I'm supposed to be talking about shall we? At first I was going to talk about answers to questions people have for British people since I'm British but instead I thought It would be better to talk about my envy for Americans Trust me, this is not as serious/evil as it sou