Skip to main content

12 Things You Need To Make Your Homecoming Less Horrible


Hi, I'm Caroline. Awkward Teen and I are guest posting on each other blog's about school dances to help you feel better about yours. For mine, I thought it'd be best to give you what I didn't have: A warning. Dances are fun, but you need to be prepared. So here's my list of things to help you have the best dance ever.
1. A Group
Okay, so I am TERRIBLE about finding people to go to dances with. No matter what, I always ask late or ask the wrong people (You know, the ones who never go to dances no matter what you try). Normally, though, I end up finding an amazing group, so it all works out. However, the best way to secure one is to ask AT LEAST four weeks ahead. I know it sounds weird, but trust me. Get an early start.
2. A Plan
If you want #1, then you need #2. People like not having to worry about plans. They prefer to have them laid out in front of them so they can just put them into their schedule. Obviously, you have to be flexible and allow your friends' input or else you may be friendless. Don't be a control freak, but at least hand out suggestions for where to eat or have pictures or the time and place for everyone to meet. If people want or need to make minor changes, that's fine. As long as you get the ball rolling, that's all that matters.
3. Time-Management Skills
I've talked about this a little, but it's very important. Dances are one thing you can not afford to procrastinate on. You need to have an idea of what you're doing THREE WEEKS before the big day. If you don't, too late. Don't even bother buying the ticket. It just won't work.
4. The Dress
Duh! My advice is to NEVER pick what you like, but always go for what you LOVE. And don't you dare go to those places where you spend $900 on something you'll wear once. All you accomplish is making your mother cry. Got to consignment stores or thrift shops. The most expensive dress I've ever gotten was less than $150. I got it at Dillard's. JC Penny and Macy's have cute stuff, too. David's Bridal is for BRIDES.
5. The Food
Whenever I went out before a dance, I got something that I didn't think I would spill or would stain too badly. I did get ice cream, but I was super careful. If you're a messy eater (Not judgement, I know that I am), go for something less risky. Avoid spaghetti, chocolate, or anything else that could ruin the dress.
6. Hair
Personally, I always go for up-do's because it gets hot with all the people. If your dance is the same way, I would highly recommend that. A fancy bun is always safe.
7. Accessories
Mine usually include a cute necklace and a clutch to hold my ticket and basic essentials. You don't need to go all-out, just a bit of bling to make you feel like the princess you are. :)
8. Watch the Scent
It's fine if you want to smell nice for that special someone, but don't overdo it. Once you get to the dance, your nose will be overpowered by a million different scents; some pleasant, some not. Don't be one of the "not's".
9. Make-up
I know some of you out there never wear make-up, but this is a dance. You want it to be a magical night where you feel totally amazing. Crazy as it sounds, even a small amount of mascara does wonders. You don't need make-up to be beautiful, but just use some so that you can highlight your best features. :)
10. Dance!
You don't need the moves like Jagger, just have fun. Believe me, no one knows what they're doing. That's what makes it fun. I have no clue how to dance, but just swaying around to the beat is enough. Let loose (But not too loose. Twerking's gross), and enjoy yourself. 
11. Smile
You're scared and nervous, which is totally fine. But if you pretend to be confident, eventually you will be. And you'll have a better time for it.
12. HAVE FUN!!!
It's your night. Take advantage and enjoy it. Get in the middle of the dance floor and have a good time. You will not regret it!

 Hope you like all the tips. If you did, check out my blog, Emojis, Corn, and Survival Tips for Teens and be sure to follow Awkward Teen's. She's one of the best. Have a great day!


I hope you guys enjoyed Caroline's post everyone!
Check out her blog to read my post!

Comments

Post a Comment

I love your comments, feel free to leave one xo

Popular posts from this blog

My Thoughts On Going Back To School

So I was inspired by a girl named Izzy to talk about my thoughts on going back to school and I thought it was a great idea! I personally have an extremely strong opinion on school so when I talk about it I speak with 0 filter. I hate school with a fiery passion. (See, I do not sugar coat my hatred) I hate the teachers. I hate the homework. I hate the learning. And I sure as hell hate the horrendous uniform. Seeing my friends is the only thing that convinces me to get up at 6:45 every morning and attend. ..Well that and the occasional bake sales.. Luckily enough I live in the Uk so I don't start school till September the 4th (On a Thursday) But I have so many assignments I haven't completed yet. I even have a Food Technology assignment where I have to bake 5 things and take a picture of them and send them to my teacher. Yeah.. like that's happening I'll probably just steal some from a cooking website. ..Wow I'm just the perfect

Why I'm Envious Of Americans

So as some of you may know, I went back to school.. -.- I absolutely hate it and I've only been back for 2 days *sigh* Since this is a pretty important year I'll probably have to stick to posting once a week by completing posts and uploading them on the weekend.  Although whenever I get holidays I will vow to post as much as I can without getting annoying. Now in case you're wondering: Why not complete multiple posts on the weekends and save them as drafts? I wanted to but I realised its better to wait a few days so fresh ideas can come out then type loads of boring rambly ideas in an hour. Hope you understand where I'm coming from :) Anyways lets get onto what I'm supposed to be talking about shall we? At first I was going to talk about answers to questions people have for British people since I'm British but instead I thought It would be better to talk about my envy for Americans Trust me, this is not as serious/evil as it sou

So My Prom Is Next Year...

So recently I done a collab with Caroline Reinhart and we both talked about Prom, you can check out my post here: http://www.emojicorn.blogspot.co.uk/2015/09/guest-post-my-first-prom-experience-by.html The thing is, I happily made that post knowing I would not have prom for at least another 2 years. Yeah.. my prom is in 8 months. 8 Months You may be wondering, prom is fun, what's bad about that? Back in primary school it would've been fun but not now, definitely not. I'm not sure why I feel this way but I just really don't want a prom, the stress of trying to look good with probably land me in hospital and my school severely lacks the 'Troy And Gabriella Romance' it so desperately needs. I mean seriously there's more romance between me and my phone than there is in the school, and that's saying something. I'm probably just going to buy a cheap dress from Primark, literally no one cares what you look like and I re